In Part 2, I have sorted the information assembled in Part 1 into categories. Note this period covers from Jan 20th 2017 – Feb 26th 2016, or the first 37 days of Trumps reign.
Of note are 63 examples of where Trump has lied and the six reported instances of him playing golf. This second fact is relevant for two reasons; 1. he routinely criticized President Obama for playing golf (these criticisms show up 15-37 times depending on which reports you believe), and the fact that these six times playing golf have happened in only 37 days of work.
I will look into these actions more in depth in the next essay where I will attempt to analyze the effects and repercussions of these actions, but I want to point out a couple of things.
- I accept that my timeline is inaccurate. I have to rely on my own limited ability to research the events and I accept that I have likely made (unintentional) mistakes.
- The amount of lies (easily verifiable) that he has told is incredible.
- When one is trying to understand what exactly he has done since taking over, of the items listed below, it’s really only the section called “Executive Actions” that is meaningful. The other categories are really just inconsequential visits and travel, various meetings with foreign dignitaries, speeches, and shuffling around of his Cabinet.
- Lied 63 times.
- Played golf at Mar-A-Lago 6 times.
Speeches, proclamations, announcements or addresses
- Announced the creation of 15,000 new positions in immigration enforcement.
- Held a press conference.
- Held a re-election campaign rally.
- Promised “to deal with the ‘big, big’ problem of North Korea ‘very strongly'”.
- Addressed DHS.
- Addressed CIA.
- Gave two interviews.
- Spoke at McDill AFB.
- Gave speech at CPAC.
- Spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast.
- Gave Holocaust Remembrance Day speech in which he omitted “Jews” and “Jewish”.
- Gave two speeches.
- Issued a proclamation.
- Announced he will continue to enforce a 2014 executive order signed by former President Obama that established legal protections for LGBT workers.
- Signaled his intent to run for President in 2020.
- Visited the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Visited a Boeing facility in North Charleston, South Carolina.
- Visited Dover AFB.
- Visited Philadelphia.
- Visited the CIA.
- Attended the Super Bowl.
- Attended balls.
- Visited Mar-A-Lago.
- Appointed Lt General H. R. McMaster to National Security Advisor.
- Asked National Security Advisor Michael Flynn to resign.
- Submitted Cabinet nominations.
- Nominated federal appellate Judge Neil Gorsuch.
- Formally announced his full Cabinet.
- Named someone to head FCC.
- Has not appointed anyone to lead the Council on Environmental Quality
- Did not fire the FBI Director James Comey (In spite of previous criticisms of his job performance).
- Relieved acting Attorney General Sally Yates of duty.
- Added Steve Bannon to the National Security Council.
- Elevated the Director of National Intelligence and the Director of the CIA to cabinet-level positions.
- Reorganized the National Security Council.
- Removed the position of Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers.
- Signed two House Joint Resolutions.
- Tightened sanctions on Iran.
- Ordered Seal Team raid into Yemen.
- Announced investigation into voter fraud (There was no voter fraud).
- Ordered all advertising about signing up for Obamacare halted before the enrollment period ended.
- 13 Signed Executive Orders.
- 12 Signed Presidential Memorandums.
- Ordered a freeze on federal hiring.
- Signed a waiver.
- Suspended a scheduled insurance rate cut for new homeowners.
- Ordered Attorney General Jeff Sessions to create a new federal task force to share information among agencies, develop strategies, identify deficiencies in current laws, evaluate criminal data and make recommendations for greater safety of U.S. citizens.
- Ordered the Labor Department to review a rule from former President Barack Obama requiring financial managers to act in their clients’ best interests when handling retirement accounts.
- Met the remains of Seal killed in combat.
- Met with US military leaders.
- 2 Met with Congressional leaders.
- 3 Met with business leaders.
- 19 Spoke to or met with world leaders.
- Berated the Australian Prime Minister Turnbull during a phone call.
Daniel Cashman, EAMP, MS (AOM), NCCAOM Dipl. of Acupuncture